Title: Director, Media Trading
Target Hire Date: Immediate
Reports to: Director, Global Delivery, MRP Advisers India
Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, India
About MRP Advisers
MRP Advisers LLC (www.mrpadvisers.com) is the leading strategy and operations consultancy and managed services firm specializing in Media and Marketing Resource Planning and Execution. The company is headquartered in Westport, Connecticut, U.S.A. with offices in Mysuru, Karnataka, India. MRP Advisers has four complimentary lines of business: MRP Consulting, MRP Managed Services, MRP Business Process Outsourcing, and MediaTrader Market-Making.
MRP Consulting advises leading publishers, marketers, agencies and their suppliers on media and marketing resource planning, namely how to maximize incremental revenue and profits—as well as insights—while reducing operating costs and headcount. MRP Consulting’s team includes some of the nation’s leading experts in digital and programmatic AdTech and MarTech (MadTech).
MRP Managed Services operates a Managed Services Platform on behalf of clients seeking to implement and manage digital media and marketing systems, processes and solutions. With our multi-million dollar investment in technology and processes, coupled with our low-cost operations in India, clients outsource their digital media and marketing needs to us for a fraction of the investment and ongoing costs they would incur on their own. Each application is purpose built and customized to specific client needs.
The MRP Managed Service Platform includes MRP DatalyticsTM, MRP ETLTM, SalesforceTM Data Management Platform-as-a-Service, and a meta-DSP/SSP Media Trading Desk.
Our proprietary MRP ETLTM tool integrates disparate audience-related data sources including 1st, 2nd and 3rd Party Data for Pre-Processing and Onboarding purposes. With our proprietary MRP DatalyticsTM end-to-end reporting, analytics and visualization tool, MRP offers clients comprehensive on-demand business intelligence.
Salesforce DMP-as-a-Service is a full-function Salesforce-certified staffed DMP providing clients access to our robust implementation of the Salesforce DMP or their own Salesforce DMP license managed by our team.
Our Media Trading Desk has set out to remove the “black box” nature of buying and selling digital media, providing media buyers and sellers with a fully transparent, high value solution.
The MRP Managed Services Platform is staffed 24x7x365 by proven specialists who increase our clients’ revenue while saving client’s money and time achieving transparent, accountable performance while delivering meaningfully – often measurably – greater value.
MediaTrader is the market-making business of MRP Advisers.
MRP Advisers LLC is looking to add a senior leader to manage both the demand-side and supply-side media trading teams supporting agency, advertiser and publisher clients. This executive’s main responsibility is to lead Trading for the company. The Director, Media Trading will manage all trades for active campaigns and digital property monetization. He/she will also recruit, train, manage and inspire the team that monitors, analyzes and optimizes all paid ad trading and campaign performance to ensure successful delivery and to support all programmatic, audience extension and audience development programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience directly leading ad monetization and ad operations teams as well as experience supporting programmatic, audience and audience extension / development teams. A key part of this role will be to analyze digital traffic specifically concerning digital ad sales production, audience, yield and implementation (impressions, fill and delivery goals). Must possess strong analytical and audience and price action data-focused sensibilities and skills. Strong understanding of digital advertising as it relates to creation, implementation, optimization and analysis of campaigns. The ability to project manage, multitask and work well with U.S. and offshore team members is also a must to be successful in this position.
- Manage Trading P&L while support the Director, Global Delivery and Global COO with booked revenue and COGS activity reports daily and at the end of each week and month, as well as other paid campaign accounting related efforts specifically tied to campaign delivery
- Manage programmatic ad trafficking from implementation to optimization of all direct sold and indirectly served advertising campaigns
- Manage directly Trading (including Yield, Campaign Management and Ad Operations) and work productively with Data Science, Operations, Finance, and Business Development team members to monitor performance of all programmatic and audience informed media campaigns across MRP’s business partners’ media channels: Website, Mobile Applications, Social Media platforms and more
- Create and deliver digital monetization and insights findings via advanced modeling via Excel, DOMO, Sigmoid, Datorama or other BI tools including MRP’s own with the goal of offering insights to key stakeholders to ensure campaigns are performing successfully as well as keeping our internal teams informed of overall company and business partner performance patterns
- Add value internally and externally managing our own, client and business partner DFP and other servers, other ad servers, related media monetization technologies and by improving ad campaign execution and optimization. Ad Operations also includes yield management and account management support.
- Ensure trafficking and proper set-up of all digital display through multiple RTB platforms
- Analyze data across campaigns to determine best practices and share this information with the rest of the Operations team
- Working with 3rd party tracking tags and media assets
- Monitor and optimize campaigns, to ensure the highest possible performance, while utilizing campaigns inventory accordingly
- Provide ad performance metrics
- Inventory optimization and day-to-day data collection to analyze key trends and consistencies
- Reconcile tracking between internal and 3rd parties and investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies between servers
- Inventory forecasts and insights to Marketing and Account Management team for media plans
- On-board and service publishers to maximize yield on their inventory
- Ensure all publisher activity is running without issues and troubleshoot wherever needed.
- Track, measure and analyze activities and resolve delivery and performance problems related to setup and technical issues.
- Setting up different campaigns and maintaining the revenue for publishers along with Profit margin
- Running monthly billing for all publisher ensuring no error reporting
- Creating different dashboards for publishers, as required
- Create and maintain site lists for advertisers along with setup creation
- Work with business partner teams to assist in their revenue-related content planning
- Keep the internal team informed of any open inventory, and establish dialogue with internal teams regarding delivery of campaigns
- Manage ongoing analyses of ad-centric data (DMP, DSP, SSP) in order to ensure all ad supported content is properly appended with reporting tags
- Support the development of audience extension / development initiatives across display, mobile, video, and other formats
- Serve as MRP’s main point of contact for all MRP demand-side ad operations relations: internal, vendors, partners, etc.
- Responsible for the optimization around ad operations efforts: creative standards, technology, latest innovations in measurement, viewability, process improvement, best practices, etc
- Provide continuous liquidity and better publisher monetization while always keeping in mind internal and external growth and profitability expectations.
- Must have hands on experience with AppNexus, Google and other DSPs, SSPs and Header Bidding tech
- At least 5 years Demand-side and/or Agency Operations managerial exp. at major media firm and/or Agency and/or Exchange and/or Ad Network
- At least 5 years Sell-side and Publisher Yield experience
- Managed 5 or more FTE previously
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English; pref Hindi and Kannada, also
- Preferably have worked productively with U.S. and non-U.S. personnel and/or clients and successfully in diverse work environments
- Bachelor Degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Mastery of digital advertising: website and email display advertising, social media, etc., required
- Strong understanding of digital analytics tools (i.e., Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, ADOBE Analytics, Flurry, Facebook Insights, AppAnnie, Charles Proxy, DOMO, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with DoubleClick / DFP, Free Wheel, JW Player, tag creation and tag management, Operative, and adX / multi-SSP configurations required
- Experience with video ad serving technologies such as VAST and VPAID required
- Experience managing and creating DMP-based Audience Segments from 1st/2nd/3rd Party Data
- Experience with AWS for data storage and cloud-based distributed computing
- Experience in programmatic or auction-based media is required
- Experience delivering, analyzing and optimizing audience targeted campaigns is required
- Experience building first-party and second-party data strategies including creation of hierarchies and first-party data segments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must; ability to juggle multiple projects taking in data from multiple sources and follow through on deliverables
- Detail-oriented and diligent work ethic with excellent organizational, project and time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with sales, marketing and workflow automation is preferred as is experience with project management and work ticketing systems such as Trello, Basecamp, Zendesk, or JIRA
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Strong team player, with ability to work cross-functionally
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced operation on the advertising and revenue side of our business
Desired Candidate Profile
- Experience in heading a team of at least 5 members
- Strong relationship building skills, which include maintaining positive client and vendor relationships
- Excellent project and resource management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Enthusiasm for the industry, knowledge of industry issues and eagerness to learn
- Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail
- Resourceful and self-motivated
MRP Advisers is seeking qualified candidates to work on-site, full-time in Mysuru, India and who are eligible to travel to the U.S. Please send your cover letter and resume to: Michael@MRPAdvisers.com